30 Mar Senior Accountant
Hemel Hempstead with Hybrid Working
The Senior Accountant will deliver accurate and timely financial information, provide support to the Financial Controller and Leadership team to support the company’s strategic objectives. As part of a fast-paced Finance team, the Senior Management Accountant should be constantly looking to drive efficiencies, mentoring members of the team(x2), and creating strong cross-functional relationships.
The role would suit a flexible qualified ACCA/CIMA with hands on experience in a finance environment, keen to develop their career in a highly growth driven, commercial environment.
What you will be doing?
- Ownership and Responsibility of the month end financial close processes for CAE Technology Services (including, P&L, BS, Cash, WCAP, WIP) to be delivered robustly, accurately, consistently to the month end timetable.
- Control of the Balance Sheet Reconciliation Process with Quarterly Deep dive reviews to identify Risk and Opportunities to the company.
- Support the 13 weeks rolling cash forecast ensuring realistic assumptions are in place for the forecasting of accounts receivables, payables, rebates, loans, intercompany.
- Preparation of all monthly reporting packs, including Management/SLT packs, KPIs packs, Board Packs with accompanying commentary.
- Preparation of the Quarterly VAT & Quarterly Corp Tax Return
- Ownership of the WIP project accounting and Rebate accounting process
- Support of the year end Audit process, ensuring all schedules, deliverables, queries are actioned in a robust manner.
- Ownership of the company chart of accounts for reporting purposes in SAP and Vena.
- Support to both FP&A and stakeholders for the Annual Budget cycle and Quarterly forecast process.
- Adhoc reporting and analysis as required by the business.
- Management of the Accounting Team -ensuring efficient and effectively work practices, timely task completion, and all aspects of employee management for a HR perspective, PDP, training.
- Championing CAE throughout the team and helping drive overall motivation, efficiencies, and Employee engagement throughout Finance.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
- Systems aware with intermediate Excel skills and able to handle large volumes of data
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA or equivalent preferred
- Attention to detail
- Team oriented approach
- Logical and methodical approach
- Conscientious, flexible, hands-on and the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of SAP Business One, VENA desirable
- Knowledge of stock systems also desirable
This is CAE – Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
- With a Glassdoor score of 4.1
- Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
- With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Palo Alto
- As part of the Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast growing exports
- Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
- Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN and Comms dealer magazines
- and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Investors in Personal Development
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Will writing
- Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Tastecard, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entitlements, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.