17 Jun Why is Digital Preservation important?
Digital Preservation Video 2
In this video series, we will be exploring the art of digital preservation in five simple steps to help you understand what you need to consider and how to start your digital preservation journey.
In our second video we ask the question ‘Why is Digital Preservation important?’
Mark Smith from CAE will cover off the following reasons:
- Unique and important digital materials can be protected, preserved and shared with future generations
- Data supports evidence-based decision making for competitive advantage, driving innovation and new initiatives
- Ensuring data storage complies with regulatory and legal requirements mitigates risk and prevents fines
- Streamlining workflows and improving productivity achieves time and cost efficiencies
- Maintaining access to data ensures business continuity and stronger disaster recovery