07 Apr Microsoft Business Manager
Microsoft Business Manager
As a leading player in the technology industry with our 25 years’ experience, at this exciting time, CAE are interested in looking for an experienced Microsoft Business Manager who will be responsible for driving the company’s strategic engagement and growth within a nominated vendor and to drive sales engagement and enablement.
The Business Manager will report into the Head of Commercial Supply and is responsible for driving both the vendor relationship and CAE sales teams to increase sales across the identified technology categories. The Business Manager will be supporting our ambitions to develop and grow our award-winning success with our direct and distribution partners. Leading a team of vendor specific Alliance Support and Licensing Specialists, the Business Manager will take ownership of building a business plan for growth across the Sales, Service and Commercial teams
What you will be doing?
With a record of high achievements in a business-to-business environment we are looking for an individual who can demonstrate excellence in:
- Developing the overall vendor business plan by engaging key individuals across the CAE business and chosen vendor to ensure successful execution and mutual success
- Develop an ongoing sales training plan to drive knowledge and engagement
- Understanding assigned vendors go to market and roadmap messaging and aligning these with CAE’s business strategy/objectives
- Understand and maximise vendor specific pricing, rebate and marketing programmes to the benefit of CAE and its customers
- Develop a robust multi-level engagement plan to maximise the profile, awareness and foster close working relationships through CAE up to executive level and within the vendor
- Work closely with CAE Sales management and sales teams to identify and close new business opportunities
- Work closely with CAE Technical and support teams to define and develop ongoing strategy
- Represent CAE at your assigned vendor conferences and events (UK and overseas)
- Host regular meetings to update line management on vendor messaging including looking at spend and rebate levels alongside business plan updates
- Market evaluation and introduction of new and complimentary vendors to drive CAE’s competitive advantage.
- Act as a champion within the vendor, actively promoting the business plan and credentials, and ensuring joint successes are effectively communicated
- Identifying new business opportunities for the mutual benefit of CAE and assigned vendors.
- Negotiating additional funding/sponsorship from assigned vendors to execute specific marketing campaigns
- Work closely with marketing to help drive and understand activity and how it’s measured, managed and reported
- Line manage and develop a vendor support team to support and drive the vendors growth within CAE
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
- Experience in a similar role, an IT background (Vendor, distributor or reseller) working within a partner environment
- Be a confident self-starter, able to work to own initiative and to perform under pressure
- Ability to effectively prioritise multiple demands while ensuring both CAE and partner needs are met
- Commercial negotiation skills with an understanding of vendor rebates programs
- Experience of managing people and leading and developing teams
- Ability to identify ways to improve experience within vendor channel
- Comfortable presenting at all levels (internal and external), and be accountable for actions taken during QBR’s
- Ability to establish strong working relationships internally with colleagues/departments and external partnerships
- Act as a point of escalation on complex issues and providing appropriate support to internal team members
- Adaptable to change and able to take ownership of challenges
- Be an independent thinker but also be able to share the company values.
- Be willing and able to learn new technology.
- IT Literate with a thorough understanding of Salesforce and MS Office
- Flexibility of normal working hours to attend Events (sometimes abroad)
- Sales, commercial or technical consultancy background
- Knowledge of, and relationships with complimentary vendors
- Relevant professional certifications and accreditations applicable to assigned vendors
- Subject matter expert against assigned vendors portfolio’s
This is CAE – Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
- With a Glassdoor score of 4.1
- Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
- With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Palo Alto
- As part of the Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast growing exports
- Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
- Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN and Comms dealer magazines
- and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Investors in Personal Development
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Will writing
- Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Tastecard, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entitlements, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.