12 Apr Ansible DevOps Engineer
Ansible DevOps Engineer
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take a pivotal role in shaping and executing CAE’s automation strategy within the Technical Strategy and Direction Team. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about and delivering services via APIs.
You will engage with technical and operational teams on process automation initiatives across our core technology solutions and services to support CAE’s go-to-market strategy. You will be responsible for creating and running the day-to-day operations of the Ansible platform and underlying Linux operating system.
This includes, but is not limited to, responsibility for developing Ansible playbooks to support our NetDevOps and SecDevOps initiatives within CAE to support our managed services and professional services teams.
You will be an advocate for automation, DevOps, and Cloud within CAE and someone who embraces collaboration and change.
Location – Hemel/Flexible/Other sites as required with Hybrid working
What you will be doing?
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Devise innovative concepts for solving hard technical and operational problems
- Work with peers across the Technical Services team to understand service or enhancement priorities
- Work with technical and business stakeholders to help them through automation journey, evaluate and identify new service requirements, and engineer / implement using Ansible and other automation tool sets
- Assess processes / business requirements and translate into new ideas and designs
- Work within Technical services department to create and deliver automated service offerings to take to market
- Own the creation of new automated processes including testing, proof of concepts and roll out.
- Engineer and maintain a best-in-class Ansible platform to industry best practice with scalability, fault tolerance, resilience, security, observability, and simplicity in mind
- Identify, triage, and constantly automate and evolve the platform by pushing for change that improves reliability, operability and developer experience
- Solve exciting new challenges with an amazing team and technology stack
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues to improve business productivity
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
- Ability to capture service processes requirements and translate into automation designs and solutions
- Strong experience of engineering and administering Linux and Ansible Open-Source platforms
- Strong infrastructure automation knowledge using Ansible playbooks and scripting (e.g. Networks, Security, Virtualisation, Networks, Windows, Linux, Storage)
- Knowledge and experience in maintaining Linux environments
- Writing well designed automation playbooks with QA process / version control
- Proven ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of senior managers, architects, developers, infrastructure engineers, and subject matter experts
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to self-manage
- Ability to build, update and maintain automation test suites
- Technical certification in Linux, Ansible or similar technical disciplines
- Using Microsoft Azure IaaS and PaaS for Linux deployments
- Experience with Napalm, Nornir and Netmiko and other network automation tools
- Background with Ansible Automation Platform (install/operate/maintain)
- Background in automating Cisco / Microsoft / Dell solutions and processes
- Experienced in designing, engineering, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS and/or Azure
- Experience of cloud transformation and change programs across technology organizations
- RHCE or RHCSA accredited
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computing related subject
This is CAE – Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
- With a Glassdoor score of 4.1
- Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
- With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Palo Alto
- As part of the Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast growing exports
- Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
- Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN and Comms dealer magazines
- and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Investors in Personal Development
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Will writing
- Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Tastecard, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entitlements, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.