03 May Designer
This is an exciting time to join a dynamic and fast-paced Marketing team in the role of Designer.
We have a new vacancy in our Marketing team for someone to come in and make their mark on our digital content – both video and graphic content. This role requires a creative thinker with the ability to come up with inventive ways to engage our community.
The primary purpose of the Designer is to edit, plan and manage the sales enablement material and the production of videos and graphics for websites, social media channels and other digital platforms.
This role will be responsible for editing, creating and publishing high quality video content aligned to marketing campaigns, along with graphics and animations to showcase CAE’s content marketing activity. The successful candidate will be a talented videographer, video editor and creative storyteller who can contribute ideas whilst dividing their time effectively.
What you will be doing?
The main duties and responsibilities of the role shall include:
- Executes design and desktop publishing assignments from concept to completion – including taking the creative brief, soliciting feedback, achieving sign off and coordinating publication/distribution
- Extracts briefs and requirements from a variety of stakeholders from across the business
- Presents own creative ideas and concepts to internal customers
- Develops conceptual design work for print and digital
- Develops templates across Microsoft Office 365 (O365) products and Adobe Creative Suite for ease of use by non-designers
- Delivers on-brand materials for the business across all channels and all platforms
- Building relationships with key stakeholders in the business, understanding the messages they want to deliver and translating into engaging content
- Using video editing tools and Adobe Creative Suite to create modern and relevant content that will appeal to internal and external audiences
- Transcribing, subtitling, and where required producing voiceovers for videos to ensure accessibility
- Optimising You Tube channel as a major source of engagement and brand awareness for CAE
- Working with the Marketing team to understand and deliver the yearly marketing strategy and planned campaigns
- Creating custom graphics for social media, website and products/solutions
- Designing and editing marketing and sales collateral to aid the user journey and customer experience
- Own the design request process internally and manage the internal “design studio” as a key resource across the wider business
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
- Strong knowledge of Adobe CC: XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and InDesign
- Experience with recording raw video
- Configuration and troubleshooting experience of other Cisco related Security products, specifically ASA, ISE, and Firepower
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco Data Centre products
- Palo Alto Security configuration and troubleshooting – Desired minimum PCNSA Certification or suitable industry experience
- Video editing including some animation, special effects and colour grading if necessary
- Experience processing, editing and repurposing video material from external sources such as agencies or stock video libraries
- Ability to storyboard concepts quickly and clearly articulate ideas to line manager and other team members
- Strong understanding of compressing and encoding video formats
- Strong foundation of digital design and graphic design principles
- The ability to produce motion design from initial brief right up to completion
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Acts as a custodian of the brand on the back of a complete understanding of brand journey, brand position and brand differentiators
- Proactively promotes the visual narrative of the brand on the back of a complete understanding their visual identity and become fluent in its application
- Develops a good understanding of the business, the industry and competition
This is CAE – Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
- With a Glassdoor score of 4.1
- Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
- With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Palo Alto
- As part of the Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast growing exports
- Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
- Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN and Comms dealer magazines
- and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Investors in Personal Development
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Will writing
- Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Tastecard, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entitlements, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.