16 Jan Test Manager
We are recruiting for a Test Manager.
To work within the CAE Project Management Team, supporting the Project Manager from project initiation through to delivery and customer acceptance for deployment of network Services for Edinburgh Airport Limited (EAL).
The post holder will work closely with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, but with a
focus on senior stakeholders, service delivery & business relationship managers and key IT service users.
The role will involve developing, owning and maintaining the project Test Process working closely with the Change Manager, Project Manager and Lead Technical Consultant in addition to building relations with the customers own project team and key stakeholders. This will include acting as the Service Validation and Test Management process manager and Service Validation and Test Practitioner within the project.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Apply a structured methodology and lead service validation and test management activities
- Apply a test management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by the project
- Help to plan and design testing
- Working with the customer and project manager to allocate and oversee resources
- Co-ordinate activities with the Change and Technical Architects
- Working with Service Users to define testing criteria’s and building test plans
- Recording, analysing and reporting test events, incidents and problems
- Production of management reports on testing progress, issues and outcomes
- Conducting tests
- Manage stakeholders
Knowledge & Experience
- A solid understanding of ITIL service validation and test processes
- Experience and knowledge of test management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Experience of testing applications, end user devices, network infrastructure and
- telecommunications systems and services in an ITIL compliant environment
- Ability establish and maintain strong relationships
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Experience of working as a project/change manager at a senior level within a large, complex organisation that led to delivering recognised change and benefits.
- Experience of working on large IT infrastructure Programmes
- Experience of working client side in an outsourced ICT environment
Qualifications & Training
- Test and Release Management Qualification
- ITIL V3. Foundation
- Educated to degree level or equivalent change/project management experience
- ITIL V3. Intermediate Certificate in Service Design, Service Transition or Service Operations.