12 Aug Solutions Architect – Microsoft
The Solutions Architect will provide field-based presales engagement on sales opportunities and bid proposals for a specific technology pillar.
They will be expected to engage with customers to understand their infrastructure along with their business operation model and will work with the customer in advising, architecting, planning and modelling future technology and operational designs that will transform their business.
They will own the technical designs and responses required for all selected bids or required proposals allocated to them.
They will be required to attend customer site to gather information, present designs and run workshops to better understand, inform and test customer requirements.
This is a customer facing role requiring flexibility to travel.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes ownership of multiple opportunities within their technology pillar covering bids and tenders, live opportunities and written proposals;
- Develops solutions against specific customer requirements (technical and business);
- Will support the Snr Solutions Architect and Strategic Technical Lead as required;
- Provides technical peer review to other Presales team members,
- Builds technical designs and associated cost models / BOM’s as required;
- Will provide technical designs and written responses to bids, proposals and tenders;
- Support the Sales teams in closing opportunities via formal presentation of technical service designs to customers.
- The Solutions Architect should be expected to be able to cover technical discussions with customers at a high level on their specific technology pillars across multiple vendors in order to identify specific customer requirements and then engage in building designs to meeting customers’ business requirements;
- Actively input into CAE’s technical portfolio lifecycle of vendors and technology;
- Support the Strategic Technical Lead in developing new, or refine existing, service/solution propositions for use by the Sales teams. This will require close collaboration with other key stakeholders within CAE;
- Identify and support technical and process improvements across CAE Service and Sales teams;
- Undertake formal and non-formal training courses in areas of new technology aligned to CAE’s vendor and technology roadmap or other courses as deemed necessary by the senior management team.
- Understanding of infrastructure transformations, key IT architectural design principles and cost benefit analysis related to IT operational design;
- Understanding of ITIL, Business Operations and IT Functions beyond technology;
- Understanding of Sales Cycles;
- Understanding of IT Outsource Services;
- Advanced understanding of IT technology (Networking, Server, Storage and Desktop).
- Specific Advanced knowledge of the following Microsoft technologies:
- Microsoft Office 365 stack (Exchange online, Teams, OneDrive, EMS, SharePoint)
- Migrations from On-Prem to 365 and Tenant to Tenant
- Microsoft Azure – IAAS/PAAS/SAAS
- Azure backup and DR
- Migrations to Azure, lift and shift and R-Lanes
- Cloud Assessments and workshops
- Hybrid Cloud/datacentre
- Hybrid identity
- Cloud security
- Legacy and On-Premises Server/Microsoft infrastructure and technology (AD,Exchange,Windows Server)
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Computing related subject
- Relevant Vendor Technical Qualifications in Microsoft technologies:
- Current and relevant MCP’s
- Current and relevant MSCE’s
- Cloud related tracks would be of an advantage
- Is experienced in a specific technical pillar.
- Is accomplished in writing bid responses and conveying technical outputs into business benefits
- Experience of IT Managed or Outsourced Service designs;
- Experience of building and writing consultancy proposals / responding to bids;
- Experience of identifying and managing risk to an organisation in a technical and operational context;
- Experience of analysing information to identify trends and opportunities;
- Experience of working with and delivering presentations to stakeholders at all levels.
Competencies and behaviours
- High level technical skills across specific technical disciplines;
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills;
- Good presentations skills;
- Good command of all MS Office applications;
- Be able to prioritise multiple projects and work to deadlines;
- Approachable & empathetic;
- Professional and discreet;
- Organised and methodical.