14 Feb Solution Architect (Desk Based)
This is a technical role where you will need to use your knowledge and experience to influence customer solutions. You will own the presales requests assigned to you and see them through to completion.
The role offers the ability to learn about our key technologies and gain industry leading certifications whilst being exposed to the exciting world of solution design.
In addition, you will be enlisted to provide administrative assistance to presales consultants on larger scale projects and ensuring that appropriate governance and controls are adhered to and maintained.
The role of Presales Engineer (desk based) has the potential to allow the correct individual to progress through the presales team. We will provide training and exposure to the other elements of the presales function enabling career development opportunities.
- Ownership of planning, monitoring and co-ordinating of presales engagements
- Assist in the capacity of presales co-ordinator on larger projects
- To follow and execute internal methodologies and processes to include, but not limited to:Acting as the day to day presales point of contact for the CAE sales team for presales requests
- Acting as the first internal point of contact / initial escalation point for assigned tickets
- Collaboration with the other members of the presales team to provide the best service to the customer.
- Co-ordination of documentation to ensure it meets our high standard, ensuring timely completion.
- Adhering to internal SLAs
- Updating tickets in a timely fashion, with relevant details to ensure all parties are aware of the current state of the work
- To initiate and maintain relationships with key company contacts
- To identify and escalate risks or issues as early as possible
- To ensure customer satisfaction
- Compliance with all Security, Safety, Health & Environmental responsibilities and requirements as detailed in the Company’s Security, Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- To provide cover for your team mates during absences Provide technical presales support to our agile sales team, which includes:
- Attendance to customer meetings/presentations
- Creation of proposals, BOM’s and solution and service designs
- Creation of high and low-level designs
- Peer review deliverables as required
- Installation of solutions and services as designed either by presales, themselves or another member of the professional services team
- Create detailed documentation of all tasks undertaken
- Support the service desk in providing customer support as diary allows
- Provide progress updates and timesheets on a daily basis
Qualifications / Knowledge:
- GCSEs or equivalent in Maths and English
- Have a good command of all MS Office applications
- Industry specific vendor certification (CCN*)
- Experience interacting with stakeholders courteously and efficiently to provide information and resolve problems
- Previous experience within an IT services environment
- Previous experience working with Sales Teams
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and use different in-house bespoke software
- Diary Management
- Ticketing system experience