03 Mar Service Architect
As the Service Architect you will provide service design expertise to CAE’s customers as part of CAE’s sales, pre-sales and bid management processes. You will be expected to capture customer requirements and understand desired customer outcomes, design the appropriate managed services based on customer requirements. You will be responsible for building, tailoring and the provision of customer facing proposals along with internal cost models. The role will also take ownership of, and respond to, managed services questions in tenders and build the associated internal cost models. The role may also be required to provide paid for consultancy engagements to CAE customers in the areas of service management.
What you will be doing?
- Gather and document customer requirements for CAE’s managed services as part of CAE’s sales and pre-sales processes using face to face customer meetings, calls and online conferencing (e.g. Teams)
- Review customer provided information and identify options for meeting customer demands
- Build, tailor and provide customer facing proposals and internal cost models for managed service opportunities
- Take ownership of, and respond to, managed services questions in public- and private-sector tenders, building internal cost models as required to reflect CAE’s tender responses and contribute to tender completion
- Support CAE Sales and Pre-Sales in closing opportunities by presenting CAE’s managed service propositions to customers
- Create service schedules for managed service contracts
- Contribute to the creation of CAE’s managed service portfolio and support capabilities in collaboration with other CAE teams
- As a Stakeholder, assist with the production of Service Models/Offerings to support Operational teams in the delivery of IT services
- Updating and maintaining the Managed Services Cost Calculator and Service Design templates
- Contribute to the idea generation in order to mature ways of working
- If required, provide expertise and advice to customers as a consultant on behalf of CAE encompassing service management disciplines, activities, and continual improvement
Undertake relevant formal and non-formal training in areas of managed services such as ITIL, as required by the role’s line manager.
Competencies and behaviours:
- Clear, accurate and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good presentation skills
- Good command of all Microsoft office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Be able to prioritise multiple workstreams and work to deadlines
- Resiliency and tenacity when working across multiple business units
- Approachable and empathetic
- Professional and discrete
- Organised and methodical
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
- Understanding of outsourced IT services
- Understanding of ITIL service management processes
- Understanding of a managed services sales cycle
- Good understanding of IT technology (e.g. networking, server, storage and desktop)
- Experience of working within a managed services provider or IT outsourcing organisation
- Experience of designing managed or outsourced IT services
- Experience of building and writing managed services proposals and responding to public- and private-sector tenders
- Experience of identifying managed service risks and associated commercial risk to an organisation
- Experience of analysing relevant information as part of the process of designing a managed service
- Experience of delivering managed services presentations and working with multiple key stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Experience of creating service schedules for managed service contracts
- Experience of working in a managed services pre-sales environment
- A high-level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- ITIL Foundation
This is CAE – Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
- With a Glassdoor score of 4.1
- Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
- With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Palo Alto
- As part of the Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast growing exports
- Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
- Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN and Comms dealer magazines
- and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Investors in Personal Development
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Will writing
- Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Tastecard, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entitlements, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.