11 May Senior Solutions Architect – Microsoft Cloud
We are recruiting for a Senior Solutions Architect.
The Senior Solutions Architect will provide field-based presales engagement on sales opportunities and bid proposals for a specific technology pillar.
They will be expected to provide the lead role in engaging with customers to understand their infrastructure along with their business operation model and will work with the customer in advising, architecting, planning and modelling future technology and operational designs that will transform their business.
They will own the technical designs and responses required for all selected bids or required proposals allocated to them.
They will be required to attend customer site to gather information, present designs and run workshops to better understand, inform and test customer requirements.
This is a customer facing role requiring flexibility to travel.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes ownership of multiple opportunities within their technology pillar covering bids and tenders, live opportunities and written proposals;
- Is a technical lead in developing solutions against specific customer requirements (technical and business);
- Will support the Strategic Technical Lead as required;
- Provides technical peer review to other Presales team members;
- Builds technical designs and associated cost models / BOM’s as required;
- Will provide technical designs and written responses to bids, proposals and tenders;
- Support the Sales teams in closing opportunities via formal presentation of technical service designs to customers.
- Provides expertise and advice to customers within a consultancy role on behalf of CAE covering Technical Architecture disciplines;
- Writes consultancy level proposals including cost benefit analysis and high-level change programmes as required;
- Analyses requirements and responds to tenders with suitable wording and cost models.
- The Senior Solutions Architect should be expected to be able to cover technical discussions with customers at a high level on their specific technology pillars across multiple vendors in order to identify specific customer requirements and then engage in building designs to meeting customers’ business requirements;
- The Senior Solutions Architect will support the Strategic Technical Lead and will input into the technical roadmap and CAE technical governance within the technical pillar working with Professional Services Consultants to understand best practice. This may include time spent on development of CAE solutions within the technical pillar.
- A specified element of the role (5% of time) will be spent on research and development of CAE solutions within the technical pillar.
- Actively input into CAE’s technical portfolio lifecycle of vendors and technology;
- Support the Strategic Technical Lead in developing new, or refine existing, service/solution propositions for use by the Sales teams. This will require close collaboration with other key stakeholders within CAE;
- Identify and support technical and process improvements across CAE Service and Sales teams;
- Undertake formal and non-formal training courses in areas of new technology aligned to CAE’s vendor and technology roadmap or other courses as deemed necessary by the senior management team.
Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding of infrastructure transformations, key IT architectural design principles and cost benefit analysis related to IT operational design;
- Understanding of Business Operations and IT Functions beyond technology;
- Understanding of Sales Cycles;
- Understanding of IT Outsource Services;
- Strong understanding of IT technology (Networking, Server, Storage and Desktop);
- Is highly experienced in a specific technical pillar and is seen as a ‘Subject Matter Expert’ within that discipline – Specific advanced knowledge of the following Microsoft technologies;
- Microsoft Office 365 stack (Exchange online, Teams, OneDrive, EMS, SharePoint)
- Microsoft Azure – IAAS/PAAS/SAAS
- Cloud Assessment and design
- Hybrid Cloud/datacentre
- Cloud identity & security
- Can demonstrate strategic thinking and planning in bringing new services to market;
- Can mentor and train lower levels of Presales members to upskill both technically and strategically;
- Is accomplished in writing bid responses and conveying technical outputs into business benefits as well as building and writing Consultancy proposals;
- Good command of all MS Office applications;
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills with good presentations skills;
- Organised and methodical, be able to prioritise multiple projects and work to deadlines;
- Approachable & empathetic, Professional and discreet.
- Understanding of ITIL and Experience of IT Managed or Outsourced Service designs;
- Experience of identifying and managing risk to an organisation in a technical and operational context;
- Experience of analysing information to identify trends and opportunities;
- Experience of working with and delivering presentations to stakeholders at all levels;
- Expert level technical skills across specific technical disciplines;
- Knowledge and understanding of Legacy On-Premises Microsoft infrastructure advantageous (AD,Exchange,Windows Server).
Qualifications & Training
- Expert level technical certification in at least one of Microsoft Azure, M365 & O365
- Multiple technical certifications in Microsoft Azure, M365 & O365
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Computing related subject
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.
Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.