|We are looking to recruit a new Senior Engineer to the technical services team to be based in Watford but with extensive UK wide and international travel to customer sites.
The role of the Senior Engineer is to provide the implementation of technical solutions and services to CAE’s customers, across the UK. This will include the production and handover of all related technical documentation to customers and/or Managed Services teams.
As part of a large, remote team of engineers you will work with our presales and PMO teams, taking ownership of the delivery of technical solutions on a project basis, in the most effective manner possible, whilst putting customer services at the forefront of your work.
A clear progression path into consultancy would be provided for candidates showing the ambition and aptitude to advance their career within this field.
This role will include extensive travel UK-wide and International travel to customer sites. The successful candidate must be comfortable with long distance driving.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role shall include:
- Provide technical presales support to our sales and presales team, as required, including writing Statement of Works for Small Works
- Installation of solutions and services as designed either by presales, themselves or another member of the professional services team
- Create detailed documentation of all tasks undertaken
- Support the service desk in providing customer support as diary allows
- Provide progress updates and timesheets on a daily basis
- Store documentation, in a central location, and on the ticket as appropriate
- Meet personal and team KPIs set by your manager
- Comply with all departmental processes, procedures and policies
- Comply with all Security, Safety, Health & Environmental responsibilities and requirements as detailed in the Company’s Security, Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated, the ability to work proactively on your own initiative and prioritise your work
- Strong problem-solving skills
- SLA aware
- Focused on quality
- Competent long-distance driver
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Operate at CCNA routing and switching level
- Good working knowledge of Cisco core networking technologies
- Knowledge of other Cisco technologies; Data Center, Security, Wireless, Meraki
- Experience of working within a project-based environment
Qualifications and Training:
- CCNA Routing and Switching or CCNA Wireless
- Full Driving license
- CMNA (Certified Meraki Network Associate)
- CMNO (Certified Meraki Network Operator)
- CCNA Data Center
- CCNA Security