18 Jun Senior Account Manager
We are recruiting for a Senior Account Manager.
This role will be responsible for selling our extensive range of IT solutions and services. The main focus will be to generate new business opportunities from an agreed list of prospects in the higher and further education sector. Once prospects are converted to clients you will manage the commercial partnership they have with CAE. You will also be responsible for the whole sales cycle from lead generation to prospect visits, qualification, bids and close. You will need to be able to work to your own initiative and have a hunger to succeed and hit or exceed sales targets.
The role will report into the Senior Account Director and will work towards a personal gross profit and services target.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
This role will entail internal and external training, covering sales skills and vendor solutions. You will be expected to attend and pass vendor training and accreditation courses as and when required.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Target a focused list of new business prospects through direct prospect communication, campaigns, Partners, consultant relationships, tender participation and existing business network / customer knowledge.
- Maintaining existing customer base, delivering exceptional service through your own efforts and the wider CAE team
- To be conversant and continuously increase product knowledge, sales skills/techniques and commercial acumen
- Creating, working and regularly reviewing with the Senior Account Director, a sales strategy and business plan to achieve the required objectives
- Confidently using Salesforce to create, maintain and manage an accurate opportunity pipeline
- Achieving given commercial targets and KPIs as necessary
- Operating within a virtual team (including; Technical Consultants, Service Delivery Manager, and Project Manager etc.) and hold commercial responsibility and bid sign off responsibility before release
- Playing a key part in educating the operational team of the scope and delivery requirements for your customer
- Working closely with partners, pre-sales and design teams to ensure the right supply chain is available to maximise and win opportunities
- Leading presentation opportunities and project interviews as required
- Taking commercial responsibility throughout the delivery phase of won projects and communicate effectively with key stakeholders throughout.
- Managing and working with you Internal Account Manager, to deliver exceptional customer service
- Be confident in dealing with people at all levels in a professional manner
- Be well organised and proactive
- Persuade and influence internal and external stakeholders, with an understanding of the required needs
- Manage Frameworks for procurement
- Be self-motivated and use initiative in pursing and closing new business
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good command of MS Office Packages (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- B2B sales experience and commercial awareness
- IT infrastructure sales experience (familiar with dealing with the channel, Cisco and Dell advantageous. ).
- Proven ability to control costs to in line with project and budgetary expectations
- Develop and deliver accurate sales forecasts in line with targets
- Have experience of selling support and managed services
- Highly developed networking, relationship and interpersonal skills
- Confident in communicating at executive and Board of Governor level
- Good command of Salesforce
Qualifications & Training
- Educated to at least A Level standard or equivalent
- IT Sales/vendor qualifications
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.
Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.