08 Apr Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager
(Central Government & Bluelight)
As Senior Account Manager, you will work as part of a pod, where customers are shared along with a sales target. Our mantra is ‘best person for the job’ which ensures we can put the right salesperson in front of each of the different customer persona’s.
You will form an integral part of a new team, working within a new vertical for CAE. Existing B/L and Cent Gov customers will be passed over to this team to manage and develop. A level of business development will be required by the pod, but we have strong support from our key vendors to help with this.
The main focus will be to create a vertical plan and execute upon plan in conjunction with the Head of Public Sector. This role requires a high performer with a proven track record and strong network of relationships,
previous experience of working within these verticals and understanding their challenges is of great importance. CAE will help and support you to develop those propositions and make them ready to go to market.
Having risen from Cisco 19th largest partner to Cisco 2nd largest partner in three years, proves we are a highly performing team with a laser-like focus upon customer intimacy. We hold ourselves accountable to non-negotiable and professional behaviours and standards, so you must also have a strong sense of self.
What you will be doing?
Your main responsibilities will include;
- To be conversant technically with our key vendors, and to continuously increase product knowledge, sales skills / techniques and develop a strong commercial acumen
- To build a new customer base
- A willingness and desire to undertake training as required
- Creating, maintaining and regularly updating a Personal Development Plan with timescales on own ‘self-learning’ areas and objectives
- Creating and working in a collaborative and rewarding environment that portrays our company and team values
To be successful in this role, you will;
- Have strong leadership skills
- Be confident in dealing with people at all levels in a professional manner
- Be well organised and proactive
- Persuade and influence the required internal and external stakeholders
- Have knowledge of relevant procurement frameworks
- Be self-motivated and use initiative in pursing and closing new business
- Have integrity and display the core values of the company
- Embrace and adapt to change
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
- Good understanding and knowledge of MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and CRM – Salesforce
- Good written and spoken English. The ability to compose clear and effective communications.
- Proven B2B sales experience and commercial awareness Proven B2B sales experience and commercial awareness
- Previous IT reseller or Industry experience, candidates should be familiar with dealing with the channel
- and distribution and have experience of selling support and managed services.
- Confident in communicating at executive and Board of Governor level
- Proven ability to control costs to in line with project and budgetary expectations
- Develop and deliver accurate sales forecasts in line with targets
- Highly developed networking, relationship and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Cisco CGOV/BL Team
- A background in selling consultatively
- Knowledge of the Dell DC Team
- Good connections with industry peers
This is CAE – Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
- With a Glassdoor score of 4.1
- Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
- With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Palo Alto
- As part of the Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast growing exports
- Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
- Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN and Comms dealer magazines
- and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Investors in Personal Development
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Will writing
- Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Tastecard, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entitlements, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.