30 Dec Project Analyst
We are recruiting for a Project Analyst.
The CAE Project Management Office is a thriving and ever-growing environment catering presales engagements and projects for the delivery of Professional Services for IT Networks, Infrastructure and Systems. The PMO team sits within a wider Professional Services department, which encompasses an expert field-based technical team. For the right candidate, this role offers plenty of natural progression within a project management or PMO operations career path.
You will take responsibility and carry out a wide variety of duties in support of the function’s project and service delivery efforts. This will include becoming a key customer (mainly internal) contact; understanding requirements; the allocation of suitable resources; and coordinating all associated documentation. Using a ticketing system, you will manage requests and communication whilst working within defined KPIs, OLAs and SLAs. You will ensure adherence to internal quality and cost objectives and your work will be driven by both a customer services and team mentality. You will be enlisted to provide administrative assistance to ensure that appropriate project governance and controls are adhered to and maintained. In addition to this you will play a key part in PMO operational activities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ticket triage, including carrying out project assurance governance and checks
- New project set-up, including checking, creating, and inputting all data and documentation onto relevant systems
- Ownership of planning, monitoring and coordinating of presales engagements (Agility Presales) and value-added professional services (Agility Resource, Agility Predict & Agility Intelligence), including allocation and scheduling of appropriately skilled resources, considering overall company objectives and operational efficiencies and ensuring high standards of documentation output and storage
- Processing and management of banked days orders and contracts, including issuing statements and monthly reports; and handling of all related queries
- Updating tickets in a timely fashion, with relevant details and documents to ensure all parties are aware of the current state of the work
- Control ticket records of attendance
- To identify and escalate risks or issues as early as possible
- Adhering to internal OLAs and SLAs
- Running PMO data audits and quality checks
- 3rd Party invoice tracking and sign off
- Supporting Project Managers and Project Coordinators with project administrative tasks
- To provide cover for your team mates during absences
- Compliance with all Security, Safety, Health & Environmental responsibilities and requirements as detailed in the Company’s Security, Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
General Administrative Support
Ad-hoc tasks in support of the PMO as directed by your manager
As a Project Analyst, you will need to be outgoing, highly organised, disciplined, and adaptable with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You must be an energetic team player who is able to multitask and prioritise. Your work will be driven by a customer services mentality and will rely on the ability to build strong working relationships with your teammates.
In addition to this you must:
- Be able to build and maintain customer rapport
- Demonstrate the ability to build cross-departmental relationships
- Be an effective problem solver with the ability to interpret information given to you in different formats / language / depth of detail
- Have a keen eye for detail and observational skills
- Be highly organised
- Demonstrate effective time management and the ability to work to strict deadlines
- Be able to work to OLAs and SLAs
- Be process driven whilst showing adaptability
- Be committed to continuous improvement of skills and practices
- Have excellent documentation skills
- Demonstrate the ability to gain a basic understanding of the different technology areas necessary for the role
- Be able to work reactively as well as proactively
- Be a logical thinker
- Be commercially minded
- Be quality focused
- Be able to work independently
- Be a quick learner
- Be comfortable taking on responsibility and acting as a central point of contact
- Be a creative thinker who looks for opportunities to improve existing processes
- Accept and support company and organisational change
Knowledge & Experience
- Have a good command of all MS Office applications, particularly MS Word and MS Excel
- This role would suit a person with experience working within a team in a fast-moving office environment within a process driven administrative role, where cross-departmental collaboration is central to the work.
- Previous scheduling or project support experience
- Previous experience within an IT services environment
- Previous experience working with ticketing/finance systems
- Diary Management
Qualifications & Training
- GCSEs or equivalent in Maths and English
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.
Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.