03 Mar PMO Operations Manager
We are recruiting for a PMO Operations Manager.
As engagements with customers evolve, the requirement for a strong delivery practice is more important than ever. Reporting into the Chief Services Officer (CSO), the PMO Operations Manager will provide leadership and operational management across the CAE PMO team. The role is responsible for driving operational best practice, whilst remaining hands on across CAE’s diverse range of customers.
You will work closely with the other PS Operations managers and as a team you will also be responsible for driving internal relationships within the Sales team and delivering the best possible customer experience.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibility for the delivery of Project Management Practices across CAE, including but not limited to:
- Small Works
- Time and Materials Professional Services engagements
- Overall ownership of the Project Management methodologies used within CAE
- Promotion of the Project Management practice to both internal and external stakeholders
- Active participation in annual audits of practices across Cisco and ISO certification
- Be an advocate and leader of change throughout the Technical Services team
- Input and drive process development and operational adherence within your teams
- Work with the other members of Professional Services management team to provide meaningful MI on a monthly basis
- Responsible for working with Finance to provide accurate weekly and monthly forecasts (WIP)
- Work with the PS management team on effective resource and capacity management
- Drive engagement with business and departmental programmes
- Lead, mentor and support of the PMO team.
- Create and work in a collaborative and rewarding environment that actively encourages CAE’s values
- Plan, direct and execute education and the continuing enablement of your team.
- Take ownership and action on department escalations and issues
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a Management or Project Management position
- Leadership experience including people management, development, coaching and planning experience.
- Structure, strategy planning and implementation experience.
- Understanding of IT technology (Networking, Server, Storage and Desktop)
- A Strong understanding of Project Management methodologies
- Strong commercial and business experience
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- A passion for CSI (Continual Service Improvement) with demonstratable experience of implementation
- Experience in bid and tender writing
- Experience in supporting BID management
Qualifications & Training
- PRINCE2 or equivalent