17 Sep NOC Analyst
We are recruiting for a NOC Analyst. The primary role on the Network Operations Centre team is to support CAE customers with Incident, service requests and change management as a 1st line resource. It requires someone who is able to take an incident or service request from start to finish.
This role requires strong skills across routing, switching, datacentre and security. With a good understanding of, wireless and collaboration to supplement this. Ideally, we need a candidate who has multi-vendor skills such as, Cisco, Palo-Alto, and Meraki.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role shall include:
- Responding to support incidents raised via web portal, email or the phone.
- Updating tickets in an organised an efficient manner
- Working within defined service level agreements (SLA) for different customers to ensure SLAs are met within thresholds.
- Documentation of customer systems where required.
- Commitment to improve professional and technical knowledge
- Assist in the development of Internal systems and process to improve the support operations.
- Undertake professional accreditations as required by the company as required.
- Possible participation in an on-call rota for escalation from service desk / NOC.
- Potential for being a Managed Service Technical Team Leader, responsible for owning managed service customers technically to ensure a holistic view and search for CSI opportunities throughout.
As a NOC Engineer you will need to be outgoing, highly organised, disciplined and adaptable with excellent communication skills. You must be willing to get stuck in with day-to-day operational tasks, handle high volumes of work and run multiple work streams.
In addition to this you must:
- Be able to adapt your communication style to the audience you are presented with
- Demonstrate the ability to build cross-departmental relationships (sales, managed services)
- Be passionate about the technology that you support
- Have a keen eye for detail and observational skills
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Be confident and approachable
Knowledge & Experience
- Cisco Routers and Switching configuration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge or awareness of the following technical areas: Security, Wireless & Collaboration.
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Strong ability to diagnose network alerts, events or issues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tickets with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Experience with handling Major Incidents.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Experience of working within an MSP or reseller will be valuable, but not essential if you are looking for a challenge.
- CCNA Certification.
- Cisco Wireless configuration and troubleshooting – Desired minimum CCNA Wireless or suitable industry experience
- Cisco Collaboration configuration and troubleshooting – Desired minimum CCNA Voice or suitable industry experience
- ITIL process experience
- Hands-on Palo Alto experience
- Cisco Security configuration and troubleshooting, including, strong knowledge of Cisco ASA.
- Cisco Security configuration and troubleshooting, including, strong knowledge of Cisco Firepower.
Qualifications & Training
- CCNA Routing & Switching
- CCNA Collaboration
- CCNA Security