20 May Financial Controller
We are recruiting for a Financial Controller.
The role would suit an ambitious qualified accountant with 5-10 years PQE in a similar role, keen to develop their career in a highly growth driven, commercial environment.
CAE employs people of all backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and skill-sets. We are proud of our diversity, and by embracing it, we have built a workforce worthy and capable of long-term success. Our core values are; loving your job, working together and doing it different, qualities we see in all of our people.
We are looking for skilled and unique individuals who want to join the CAE family and who can buy in to and live our values, always. We want people with a voice who can help us become the IT provider of choice across the UK.
To support the Chief Financial Officer by directly managing and developing the finance team to;
- deliver timely, accurate and insightful financial reporting,
- provide financial support to decision making
- ensure appropriate controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Take full responsibility for managing the Finance Team including Assistant Financial Accountants, Assistant Management Accountant, Credit Controller and Accounts Receivable and Payable Manager. Actively support the development of the department into a high performing, well-motivated team including the personal development process and setting objectives for team members.
- Full responsibility for the Month End Close process and production of Monthly Management Information including monthly accounts with the analysis and commentary necessary to provide a full understanding of financial performance to the Board. To do this the Financial Controller will need to manage and utilise the Finance Team and promote continual improvement in efficiency and accuracy in order to deliver timely and accurate Management Information.
- Produce consolidated accounts for the Group, including quarterly information to support covenant monitoring and bank reporting.
- Take responsibility for and manage the day to day accounting and finance related activities for all Group companies. Ensure appropriate processes and reviews are in place and operating effectively to ensure data integrity within the financial systems.
- Based on a thorough review and documentation of current processes, identify and implement any changes required to ensure the efficiency and accuracy of the day to day accounting and finance related activities of the business. Promote a culture of continuous improvement across the whole finance team.
- Monitor cost levels within the business, maintain appropriate cost control and identify cost saving opportunities.
- Maintain and promote robust financial controls across the business, being the point of reference on such matters. Where control weaknesses are identified, ensure these are addressed in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Finance Business Partner with the annual budget process and help deliver the budget for approval by the board.
- Manage the forecasting processes as required by the business including short, medium and long-term projections.
- Take responsibility for Cash Management and Treasury operations across the business including;
- daily bank reconciliation
- understand the timing of cash receipts
- manage the supplier payment cycle
- manage the production of Cash Flow forecasts for the business including short term (13 week) forecasts as well as long term projections to identify funding requirements and support covenant monitoring.
- Responsible for payroll related accounting and analysis including the payroll journal and accruals for commission. Ensure payments to HMRC are made on time and amounts are reconciled to the HMRC portal. Calculation of amounts due in relation to P11d benefits and PSA.
- Provide appropriate analysis as required by the business including contract profitability and project analysis.
- Understand business processes and be involved in the system review to ensure the necessary improvements are implemented.
- Ensure rebates are claimed on a timely and accurate basis, analysing and forecasting as required
- Manage the annual external audit process across all group companies, taking a lead role in liaising with external auditors. Ensure adherence to group standards of statutory reporting including corporation tax. Ensure the annual audited accounts and corporation tax returns are completed and filed before the deadlines set by the Board.
- Ensure compliance with all other finance related statutory and regulatory requirements including, preparation of the quarterly Corporation Tax calculation, submission of VAT and related returns and company secretarial submissions.
- Develop strong working relationships outside of the Finance team and across the business in order to raise the profile of Finance, improve communications and be able to comment on financial performance in the light of a sound knowledge of the business.
- Take a lead role in developing and promoting the use of technology in the Finance team including the use of Excel modelling and automation of processes where appropriate.
- Assist with Ad hoc project work
Knowledge and Experience:
- Post qualification experience encompassing all aspects of the role with a proven track record of success
- Highly systems aware and able to investigate and manipulate complex data using pivot tables (essential).
- Advanced Excel
- Excellent knowledge and hands on experience of finance practices, UK GAAP, FRS102 and tax
- Understanding of invoice discounting, forward contracts and multi-currency environments
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Experience of business process reviews and system implementation
- Knowledge of SAP Business One, Crystal Reporting, Sequel or data analytics tools desirable
- Previous experience of international subsidiaries
- Strong people management skills, with the ability to motivate, develop and inspire individuals to work towards company, departmental and personal objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Conscientious, flexible and hands-on, seeing projects to completion whilst working to deadlines
- Logical and methodical with attention to detail
- Professionalism and integrity