09 May Legal Contracts Manager
We are recruiting for a Legal Contracts Manager.
Pivotal role in enabling CAE to achieve its strategic and financial objectives by providing consultative, strategic and analytic support services on commercial and legal transactions.
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts (both new contracts, renewals, and contract variations)
- Run face-to-face negotiations, including travel to client sites
- Analyse existing contracts in order to summarise for non-legal personnel, address potential contractual risks, mitigations and solutions
- Provide commercial contractual advice to bid and sales personnel
- Coordinate across multiple internal departments to resolve issues
- Prepare and administer escalations as necessary
- Identify or create solutions to deal roadblocks
- Project manage multiple contractual negotiations to closure simultaneously
- Provide creative input to continuously improve the commercial, legal and transaction support process
- Present training to client groups on transaction contractual issues and strategies
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts
- Comprehensive client-facing experience
- Good knowledge of GDPR, on a regulatory and practical level (with its application to IT managed services being desirable)
- Familiarity with all phases of sales/outsource contracting from pre-contract RFIs and RFPs, to contract negotiation/execution and post-contract support
- Experience in working alongside sales and technical teams
- Candidates who are able to demonstrate transferable skills and sufficient experience in other industries may be considered, although experience in the IT industry is preferable
- Desirable: Understanding and knowledge of cloud IT outsourcing models with some understanding of issues around data protection, SLAs, liability etc.
Qualifications / Training:
- Degree qualified (legal or business-related preferred) ideal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to summarise issues succinctly both internally and externally
- Strong gravitas, ability to be valued, trusted and independent member of the team
- Collaborative, team-oriented and approachable attitude with strong inter-personal skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and flexibly with little supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Good organisational skills needed to manage multiple negotiations
- Self-motivator with strong work ethic, strong sense of accountability and responsibility for decisions made and ensuring high quality output
- Ability to achieve results under pressure/deadlines, while maintaining strong relationships with clients and colleague
- Problem solving, lateral thinking and analytical skills
- Highly proficient in MS Word; solid understanding of MS Excel, PowerPoint etc
CAE employs people of all backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and skill-sets. We are proud of our diversity, and by embracing it, we have built a workforce worthy and capable of long-term success. Our core values are; loving your job, working together and doing it different, qualities we see in all of our people.
We are looking for skilled and unique individuals who want to join the CAE family and who can buy in to and live our values, always. We want people with a voice who can help us become the IT provider of choice across the UK.
This is CAE – Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
- With a Glassdoor score of 4.7
- Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
- With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Palo Alto
- As part of the Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast growing exports
- Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
- Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN and Comms dealer magazines
- and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are there partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different