28 Jan NOC Analyst 24/7
We are recruiting for a NOC Analyst and the role will be a 24/7 shift pattern, 4 on 4 off days and nights.
Your primary role within the NOC is to deliver a world class customer service and to support our customers through CAE’s Incident, Change, Event, and Service Fulfilment Management processes. This is a technical, hands on role where a commitment to personal development is a must.
You will be required to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously meaning clear communication, meticulous timekeeping, and time logging skills are required in addition to technical knowledge.
This role requires strong routing and switching skills, ideally with service provider technology experience. As a NOC Analyst you will also be exposed to, and required to troubleshoot on, a range of other technology areas focused primarily within Cisco and Palo Alto.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The main duties and responsibilities of the role shall include:
- Responding to support incidents raised via web portal, email, monitoring platform or phone
- Updating tickets in an organised an efficient manner and logging time for all work performed
- Working within defined service level agreements (SLA) for different customers to ensure SLAs are met within thresholds
- Obtaining as much detail as possible and following escalation process correctly when passing tickets to 2nd and 3rd line
- Documentation of customer systems where required
- Ensuring data within tickets is correct for reporting purposes and assisting in quality checks as needed
- Commitment to improve professional and technical knowledge of the self
- Commitment to improve professional and technical knowledge of the team
- Development of Internal systems and process to improve the support operations
- Undertake personal accreditations as required by the company as part of an agreed training plan
- Collaborate with other senior resources on complex tickets and other departments on an ad hoc basis
- Troubleshooting skills across a range of products and technologies, primarily Cisco and Palo Alto
As a NOC Analyst you will need to be outgoing, highly organised, disciplined and adaptable with excellent communication skills. You must be willing to get stuck in with day-to-day operational tasks, handle high volumes of work and run multiple work streams.
In addition to this you must:
- Be able to adapt your communication style to the audience you are presented with
- Demonstrate the ability to build cross-departmental relationships (sales, managed services)
- Be passionate about the technology that you support
- Support NOC colleagues, across all lines, to assist in building a positive team culture and environment of transparent knowledge sharing
- Have a keen eye for detail and observational skills
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Be confident and approachable
- Have a full and valid UK driver’s license
- Be able to attend customer sites when required
Knowledge & Experience
- Cisco Routers and Switching configuration and troubleshooting – Desired minimum CCNA Certification or suitable industry experience
- Experience working with an event monitoring platform
- Current and valid UK driving license
- CCNA in additional discipline
- Palo Alto Security configuration and troubleshooting – Desired minimum PCCSA Certification or suitable industry experience
- Troubleshooting and configuration experience of Cisco Technologies within a specific discipline (Wireless, Data Centre, Security, Collaboration)
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco security products, specifically; ASA, ISE, FirePower
Qualifications & Training
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- Other CCNA discipline
- ITIL Foundation
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.
Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.