14 Nov Microsoft Alliance Manager
We are recruiting for a Microsoft Alliance Manager. The role of the Alliance Manager – Microsoft is to drive, develop and strengthen strategic relationships within Microsoft and CAE. You will act as a daily key contact for internal and external communications between Microsoft and the wider CAE Sales team. You will help coordinate and execute the central business plan across all regions with a targeted approach to increase Profit and Revenue for CAE.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and own Business Plans (short, medium and long term)
- Ensure the messaging from the plan is clearly articulated to all regions and executed to achieve given targets.
- Monitor performance against plan and KPI’s and
- Report monthly back to business
- Host Quarterly meetings to update CAE Exec team on vendor messaging including looking at spend levels. Ability to provide direct vendor updates and ways to help CAE capitalise on these.
- Manage overall satisfaction with internal/external Sales team and identify risks, issues and proactive ways to improve this and the overall sales experience
- Engage across multiple departments including Exec level management to ensure an outstanding level of support and assistance is being provided by Microsoft
- Awareness of forecasting and being able to communicate this to Microsoft in line with their Financial year and managing within the CAE sales team
- Attending QBR’s and reporting actions and outcomes back into the Exec CAE team
- Understanding Microsoft “go to market” messages and bringing them in line with CAE’s business strategy/objectives
- Assist in managing Microsoft rebates and understand CAE’s position and how to continue to expand
- Work closely with Head of Marketing to help drive and understand activity and how it’s measured, managed and reported
- Assisting with the setup of sales enablement training for sales (Internal and External)
- Evaluate and introduce complimentary new potential Vendors to Exec Team to see they give CAE another advantage over competition.
- Be a representation of CAE at Microsoft conferences/summits (UK/overseas)
- Provide a yearly Vendor Calendar to give details of all annual events available for CAE to attend
- Actively involved in relationship building at senior account management level and above in Microsoft and assist in ‘Man marking’ across the two organisations to maximise relationships and opportunities.
- Negotiating extra funding/sponsorship from Microsoft for specific marketing campaigns.
- Being aware of Microsoft Fiscal years to maximise on all commercial opportunity around promotions in line with quarter/year end
- Proactive approach to role
- Adaptable to change and being to take ownership of role
- Ability to work to own initiative and under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (face to face, verbally and orally)
- Understanding Salesforce and MS Office
- Understand rebates programs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Software Licensing Programs, including, but not limited to, MPSA, EA and CSP
- Experience in a similar role
- Full understanding of the Microsoft roadmap and go to market
- Flexibility of normal working hours to attend Events (sometimes abroad)
- Sales, commercial or technical consultancy background
- Knowledge of, and relationships with complimentary vendors
- IT Background (Vendor, distributor or reseller)
- Ability to identify ways to improve experience within vendor channel
- Ability to multi-task and meet high demand across a large Sales Team
- Basic industry knowledge
- Marketing exposure
- Commercial negotiation skills and understanding
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role, preferably covering Microsoft
- Experience of the Microsoft partner program
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to present at Board level (internal and external) and be accountable for actions taken from QBR’s
- Understand and be adaptable to process
- Able to work to deadlines which require cross department involvement
- Customer Satisfaction