29 Dec IT Event Analyst
Your primary role within the IT Event Management (EM) team will be to respond to IT operational events that arise from system and service monitoring. The Event Analyst role is to understand the cause of an event and quickly resolve it; events that cannot be resolved are routed to Incident Management. This is a process driven role where attention to detail and communication is key.
You will be required to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously meaning clear communication, meticulous timekeeping, and time logging skills are required in addition to following processes with accuracy.
The role does not require technical knowledge however it is desirable to have an interest in the areas of IT and networking as these will be the key areas on which support is provided. You will be exposed to a range of Cisco, server and storage technologies offering an excellent opportunity to build the foundation for a career in the IT industry.
This position is a 24/7 Shift Pattern, 4 days on 4 off days off – a mixture of nights and days.
What you will be doing?
The main duties and responsibilities of the role shall include:
- Responding to monitoring events raised by our support platforms
- Updating tickets in an organised an efficient manner and logging time for all work performed
- Working within defined service level agreements (SLA) for different customers to ensure SLAs are met within thresholds
- Following defined processes prior to proceeding down arranged escalation processes to resolved groups
- Navigating our knowledge base documentation to find processes appropriate to given tasks
- Documentation of process improvements where required
- Ensuring data within tickets is correct for reporting purposes and assisting in quality checks as needed
- Managing 3rd party communication and tickets via their respective portals and email
- Following approved customer escalation processes for notification
As an IT Event Analyst you will need to be a team player, highly organised, disciplined and adaptable with excellent communication skills. You must be willing to get stuck in with day-to-day operational tasks, handle high volumes of work and run multiple work streams.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
- Be able to adapt your communication style to the audience you are presented with
- Demonstrate the ability to build cross-departmental relationships (sales, managed services)
- Be passionate about the technology that you support
- Support Event Management colleagues, to assist in building a positive team culture and environment of transparent knowledge sharing
- Have a keen eye for detail and observational skills
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Be confident and approachable
- Exemplary Communication Skills
- Experience using an ITSM Platform – Service-Now, AutoTask etc
- Experience working with an event monitoring platform
- Previous Service Desk Experience
- ITIL Foundation
This is CAE – Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
- With a Glassdoor score of 4.1
- Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
- With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Palo Alto
- As part of the Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast growing exports
- Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
- Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN and Comms dealer magazines
- and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Investors in Personal Development
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Will writing
- Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Tastecard, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entitlements, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.