20 Apr Group Reporting Accountant
Group Reporting Accountant
After considerable expansion over the past 12 months, CAE are searching for a Group Reporting Accountant to join our established Finance team, based at our Hemel Hempstead HQ. The Group Reporting Accountant will be Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of the monthly consolidated Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
The role would suit an ambitious qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant with a strong academic record and demonstrable PQE working in a similar role and who is keen to develop their career in a highly growth driven, commercial environment. A self-starter with the confidence to understand, interpret and ‘own’ the numbers.
What you will be doing?
• Produce monthly consolidated Group Management Accounts pack with variance to budget and prior year, and commentary
• Manage the Group consolidation processes and reconciliation of intercompany ledgers
• Manage the day-to-day accounting for entities outside the main trading company, including bank reconciliations and month end journals
• Ensure the timely and accurate production of entity and consolidated statutory accounts and notes liaising with the auditors as required
• Ensure the integrity of the Group’s balance sheet and financial disclosures
• Meet the reporting deadlines and requirements of the Group
• Produce the various accounting packs including for the Board and Bank reporting
• Draft, communicate and manage the implementation of Group accounting policies, procedures and controls to ensure the highest integrity of financial reporting and in line with best practice
• Manage the integration of newly acquired entities
• Analyse the performance of the Group with finance teams on a monthly basis
• Provide technical accounting guidance to maintain the general ledger and related controls ensuring the business is operating in accordance with the relevant accounting standards
• Drive improvements in group reporting capabilities through system developments
• Maintain a culture of strong internal controls and develop further group reporting processes to ensure consistent compliance with best practice
• Use technical knowledge to support the business and lead the process to adopt IFRS standards in the future
• Challenge the status quo in order to drive continuous improvement in processes
• Involvement in all aspects of finance across the group, including working capital and cash management, debt and interest management, support the implementation of new systems, processes, accounting standards and ad hoc project work
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
• Strong technical accounting skills including UK GAAP and IFRS, with a solid background in the preparation and review of Group accounts
• Confident to commit to and deliver on key deadlines
• Logical and methodical with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to articulate financial data into meaningful commentary
• Conscientious, flexible, proactive and enthusiastic
This is CAE – Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
• As a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
• With a Glassdoor score of 4.7
• Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
• With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Palo Alto
• As part of the Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast growing exports
• Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
• Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN and Comms dealer magazines
• and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
• Bupa Cash Plan
• Investors in Personal Development
• Pension Scheme
• Death in Service
• Staff Referral Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Tech Scheme
• Will writing
• Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Tastecard, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entailments, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.