31 Mar Financial Accountant
Hemel Hempstead with Hybrid Working
As Financial Accountant, you will assist CAE with preparation of its monthly and annual statutory reporting in an efficient and controlled manner, limiting potential risks to CAE through robust process and procedures.
This is a systems and process focused role which requires an organised, methodical approach.
The role would suit a part qualified /finalist ACCA/CIMA with hands on experience in a finance accounting role, keen to develop their career in a highly growth driven, commercial environment.
What you will be doing?
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly profit and loss, and balance sheet reports with variance analysis and accompanying commentary for clear understanding of the results.
- Develop a clear understanding of revenue reporting by item group and part code for month end profitability analysis.
- Monthly ownership of various P&L cost Lines (rebates, marketing, deferred revenue, prepayments, fixed assets) for understanding and posting into the general ledger.
- Perform monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations to review any risks and opportunities the business.
- Support the 13 weeks rolling cash forecast ensuring realistic assumptions are in place for the forecasting of accounts receivables, payables, rebates and loans.
- Posting monthly accruals and prepayments into the general ledger.
- Assist with the management of data coming into the finance team and ERP system ensuring robust controls in place for Partcodes /VAT/GRNI accuracy.
- Maintain fixed asset register including monthly processes and reconciliation
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory audit work papers.
- Support as necessary to Non-finance CAE members to drive understanding of the results and assist with Budgeting and Forecasting as required.
- Assist with the development and delivery of financial policies, guidelines, and protocols to ensure the company complies with regulations and good financial practice.
- Work closely with and support all areas of Finance including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control and Financial Planning & Analysis for the overall performance of Finance.
- Assist with Adhoc project work as required.
- Champion the Finance team and other CAE teams’ engagement opportunities.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
- Systems aware with intermediate Excel skills and able to handle large volumes of data (pivots, look ups,)
- Attention to detail
- Logical and methodical approach
- Conscientious, flexible, hands-on and the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of SAP Business One, VENA desirable
This is CAE – Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
- With a Glassdoor score of 4.1
- Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
- With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Palo Alto
- As part of the Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast growing exports
- Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
- Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN and Comms dealer magazines
- and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Investors in Personal Development
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Will writing
- Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Tastecard, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entitlements, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.