20 May Finance Business Partner
We are recruiting for a Finance Business Partner.
The role would suit an ambitious qualified accountant with 2-5 years PQE in a similar role, keen to develop their career in a highly growth driven, commercial environment.
CAE employs people of all backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and skill-sets. We are proud of our diversity, and by embracing it, we have built a workforce worthy and capable of long-term success. Our core values are; loving your job, working together and doing it different, qualities we see in all of our people.
We are looking for skilled and unique individuals who want to join the CAE family and who can buy in to and live our values, always. We want people with a voice who can help us become the IT provider of choice across the UK.
To work in partnership with stakeholders across the business and the Financial Controller to provide the analysis and information necessary to support decision making and profitable growth.
- To work in close partnership with budget holders and stakeholders across the business to produce timely, accurate and comprehensive annual budgets and forecasts.
- Develop strong working relationships outside of the Finance team and across the business in order to gain a sound knowledge of the business and support decision making.
- Take a lead role in managing and improving the financial systems of the business as well as linking data with sales and operational systems to deliver insightful analysis. This will include the need to project manage the delivery of key improvement initiatives as the business looks to ensure processes are scalable to support growth whilst also improving controls.
- Produce monthly KPI information and analysis to support key stakeholders across the business and provide constructive challenge where appropriate to promote improvement in business performance. By working as a trusted adviser, the Finance Business Partner will promote continuous improvement across the business.
- Work closely with the Financial Controller and the rest of the finance team to ensure a thorough understanding of the financial results, supporting the FC in producing insightful analysis and commentary as part of monthly management reporting.
- Using knowledge gained from stakeholders, to provide the FC with detailed information as part of the forecasting process.
- Actively promote greater financial understanding across the business by carefully communicating financial information so that it is fully understood by non-finance managers.
- Be commercially aware and understand key business drivers to anticipate the needs of stakeholders across the business and in order to be able to meet those requirements in a timely and effective manner.
- Use data to deliver insights into business performance, be prepared to form an opinion and to present findings at all levels in the business including presenting to senior management where appropriate.
- Working closely with Managers to gain an understanding of departmental issues and bridging any gap in financial output.
- Assist with Ad hoc project work
Knowledge and Experience:
- Post qualification experience encompassing all aspects of the role with a proven track record of success
- Highly systems aware and able to investigate and manipulate complex data using pivot tables (essential). Advanced Excel
- Relevant sector experience highly desirable
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Knowledge of SAP Business One, Crystal Reporting, Sequel or data analytics tools desirable
- Evidence of ability to help drive business performance
- High performing individual with strong career progression
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex financial information at all levels of the business
- Good ‘soft skills’ and emotional intelligence, professionalism and integrity
- Conscientious, flexible and hands-on, seeing projects to completion whilst working to deadlines
- Logical and methodical with attention to detail