24 Jul Desktop Support Engineer
To provide onsite desktop support to a key customer in the CAE portfolio. The role will cover all aspects of hardware and software support on a 1st / 2nd line basis, supporting the End Users at one of our customers London Offices with day to day administrative tasks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Desktop Support as required:
- Call Ownership – Ticket Creation, Update, Closure
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of IT problems
- Install, upgrade and support Windows 10
- Install, upgrade and support printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Liaising with 3rd party providers to support hardware issues
- Investigating & fault finding software issues
- Asset management
- Software installation
- Diagnose and communicate complex technical issues escalating to third line support where necessary
- Minimum 2 years’ service desk experience or 1 year desk side
- Microsoft desktop products
- Active Directory (account creation/password resets)
- MCSA (or other Microsoft certifications), Computer Maintenance A+, ITIL Certification
- Experience supporting Windows 7 / 10.
- Experience setting up new workstations, laptops and tablets.
- Active Directory experience e.g. adding users, password resets.
- Understanding of MS Office 365 support and administration.
- Experience of MS One Drive configuration and permissions.
- Experience setting up network printers.
- Strong competence in issue diagnosis and problem solving.
- Must have analytical skills and be able to solve technical problems across different platforms.
- Experience with AD
- Experience with Office365 administration
- Experience of using IT ticketing software
- Experienced working towards agreed SLAs (e.g. call conversion and issue resolution)
- Must be a team player and be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
2 years fixed term contract on customer site.