01 Apr Consultant
The role of the Consultant is to provide expert design and deployment of technical solutions and services to CAE’s customers.
Working with our presales and PMO teams, the consultant takes ownership of the delivery of technical solutions within our UK-wide client base.
This role will include extensive UK-wide travel to customer sites and some out of hours work as dictated by the requirements of assigned projects. The successful candidate therefore must be comfortable with working unsociable hours, long-distance driving and be willing to stay away from home when required.
The role may include secondment onto customer sites for longer term contracts for BAU / support activities and project work.
As a Consultant you will need to be outgoing, highly organised, disciplined and adaptable with excellent communication skills. You must be willing to get stuck in with day-to-day operational tasks, handle high volumes of work and run multiple work streams.
*Home-based with travel to customer sites and to CAE head office, Hemel Hempstead.
What you will be doing?
The main duties and responsibilities of the role shall include:
- Provide technical presales support to our agile sales team, which includes:
- Attendance to customer meetings/presentations
- Creation of proposals, BOM’s and solution and service designs
- Creation of high and low-level designs
- Peer review deliverables as required
- Installation of solutions and services as designed either by presales, themselves, or another member of the professional services team
- Create detailed documentation of all tasks undertaken
- Support the service desk in providing customer support as diary allows
- Provide progress updates and timesheets on a daily basis
- Store documentation, in a central location, and on the ticket as appropriate
- Meet personal and team KPIs set by your manager
- Comply with all departmental processes, procedures, and policies
- Comply with all Security, Safety, Health & Environmental responsibilities, and requirements as detailed in the Company’s Security, Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
- Be able to communicate at all levels of an organisation to IT Manager level
- Be able to adapt your communication style to the audience you are presented with
- Demonstrate the ability to build cross-departmental relationships (sales, managed services, PMO etc.)
- Be able to work equally as part of a team (with Project Managers, other consultants etc.) or alone depending on the engagement type with a client
- Have a keen eye for detail ensuring accuracy in all BOM’s, proposals and documentation
- Be passionate about the technology that you recommend and install
- Have a keen eye for detail and observational skills
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Be confident and approachable
- Have a personal development mentality and be willing to cross-skill to meet customer and market demands
- Be a competent long-distance driver
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Consultant within an IT Professional Services role
- Proficient in design, installation and configuration activities within chosen specialist technical area
- Provide level 2 support on IT infrastructure
- Experience of the design and implementation of Cisco Networking & Data centre technologies
- In-depth understanding and experience in design and implementation of Cisco Networking & Architecture platforms and technologies
- Minimum CCNP certified
- Full driving licence
- CCNA/P – Networking, Data Centre, Security, Wireless
- Cisco Networking – Cisco DNA, Cisco SDWAN, Cisco SDA, Cisco Prime, Cisco Wireless
- Cisco Security – Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, Cisco Umbrella, Cisco CES, Cisco CloudLock, Cisco CWS, Cisco Ironport, Cisco Stealthwatch, Cisco vASA, Cisco ISE
- Cisco Datacentre – Cisco Nexus, Cisco ACI
- Exposure to other security products from the likes of – Meraki, Checkpoint, Juniper etc.
- Highly Desirable – Cisco Networking – Cisco DNA, Cisco SDWAN, Cisco SDA
- Highly Desirable – Cisco Datacentre – Cisco Nexus, Cisco ACI, Cisco UCS
- Highly Desirable – Cisco Security – Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, Cisco ISE
- Highly Desirable – Cisco Collaboration – Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Webex Teams
- CCNP Wireless
This is CAE – Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
- With a Glassdoor score of 4.1
- Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
- With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Palo Alto
- As part of the Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast growing exports
- Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
- Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN and Comms dealer magazines
- and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Investors in Personal Development
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Will writing
- Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Tastecard, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entitlements, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.