10 Sep Associate Bid Manager
We are recruiting for an Associate Bid Manager.
The primary purpose of the Associate Bid Manager role is Management of the execution of bids (tenders and proposals), from Qualification through to Contract Award, to ensure that competitive and/or strategic bids are submitted on-time and to the required high standards.
The jobholder, with the support and guidance from the Head of Bid Management, will be responsible for supporting respective bids with expertise / resources drawn from across the company, as defined in the list of responsibilities below.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Where allocated as Bid Manager:
- Fully responsible for the successful management of Bid Management-led opportunities from Qualification through to Contract Award (including PQQs, RFIs and SQs; ITTs, RFPs and proposals), including:
- Developing win strategies
- Response and timeline planning
- Scheduling and chairing kick-off and (appropriate) review meetings
- Coordinating, writing, editing, reviewing and formatting response documents
- Managing and submitting clarifications questions and answers
- Liaising with and providing updates to key stakeholders
- Managing third parties
- Submitting the response (inc. portal uploads, email and postal)
- Managing post-submission clarifications
- Managing any further stages, i.e. Best and Final Offer (BAFO), Presentation, Contract Negotiations
- Carrying out Lessons Learned
- Managing internal systems throughout (including SalesForce and AutoTask);
- Responsible for reviewing Sales-led ITQs and proposals, including formatting and evaluation feedback.
- Responsible for inputting into improvement activities, including:
- Carrying out Lessons Learned and feeding back into Head of Bid Management, for wider distribution;
- Continually adding to and improving the Content Library;
- Other improvement activities identified by the Team.
Knowledge & Experience
- 2+ years’ experience of managing bids:
- Supporting multiple Account Managers
- Managing multiple bids at a time
- Managing multi-disciplined teams
- Ability to work cross functionally and on multiple, concurrent bid projects; managing internal and external stakeholder expectations
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- High standards of written and verbal communication
- Highly experienced in Microsoft Office
- An understanding of strategic bid management processes, including pre-bid planning, strategy development as well as overall bid management
- Ability to deliver presentations internally and externally
- Strong key stakeholder management, including up to CxO-level and external
Qualifications & Training
- APMP Foundation Certification
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.
Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.