20 Mar Head of Service Transition and Management
We are recruiting for a Head of Transition & Service Management.
The Head of Transition & Service Management will run a team of Service Delivery Managers and Service Delivery Analysts in overseeing many of the key functions within CAE’s Service Department that enable the delivery of a high-quality service to contract customers, whilst ensuring Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs.
The Head of Transition & Service Management will work closely with the NOC Operations Manager to drive service improvement and operational efficiencies where possible with an ongoing commitment to Crovement (CSI).
The role of the Service Delivery Manager within CAE is changing to include transition of services into support; therefore, the Head of Transition & Service Management will take overall ownership of successful transition of all services into active support. This will include supporting and mentoring the existing and new SDM’s in this process.
The Head of Transition & Service Management will be a Player / Manager position running a small portfolio of contracts whilst leading the wider team in delivering Continual Service Improvement activities across their own portfolio of accounts.
With extensive expertise in Service Management and ITIL, the Head of Transition & Service Management will be an excellent leader of people with strong management skills. Driving CSI, collaboration between departments both internally and externally, their focus will be on service improvement and operational efficiency.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop the CAE Service Management capability in a rapidly growing area of a rapidly growing business.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Management of the Service Delivery Department including SDM’s and SDA’s within the team. This includes managing, coaching and developing the team in up and cross skilling to improve performance where required.
- Provides a senior point of escalation for all Service issues before the Chief Services Officer.
- Has ownership of the Service Reporting Team within Service Management.
- Takes ownership of a number of accounts within their own POD structure and is held accountable for the performance of the CAE NOC / Service Desk against the contract schedules and customer expectations.
- Will support the Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required.
- Will define, negotiate, document and monitor Service Level Agreements (SLA), ensuring that service reports are produced and that breaches of SLA targets are investigated, and actions taken to prevent recurrence.
- Will take ownership of major incident communications, ensuring coordination of resolving parties, and conducting periodic reviews of process compliance.
- Champion Service and Support in projects, developing a strong understanding of projects impacting the service contract and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed.
- Ensure Service Delivery performance reviews are scheduled, carried out with customers regularly with all actions documented and owned.
- Review and Monitor change requests. Ensure that all changes are assessed for their impact on underpinning contracts, including attendance at Change Advisory Board meetings if relevant.
- Analyse performance and develop and own Service Improvement Plans ensuring actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner.
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on Service performance
- Provide effective communication on all Service matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments
- Actively input into service improvement across CAE’s Service Department.
- Implement and manage best practice Service Desk support functions.
- Open to undertaking formal and non-formal training courses in areas of Managed Services such as ITIL, SDI, SIAM, Prince2, and Agile as deemed necessary by the senior management team.
- Undertake proactive risk and issue management and mitigate the customer and CAE’s exposure to risk
- Deliver and maintain customer satisfaction targets
- Manage all Service Transition activities either directly or through the Service Management Team
- Ensure the customer is fully briefed relating to the scope of services delivered by CAE
- Provide accurate Customer Service information to the Operations teams to ensure a complete and concise understanding of services delivered to customers.
Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding of IT outsource Services
- Understanding of ITIL
- Understanding of Sales Cycles
- Based understanding of IT technology (Networking, Server, Storage and Desktop)
- Experience of managing diverse location-based teams
Qualifications & Training
- ITIL Foundation (minimum) or equivalent
- ITIL Expert Qualification